Teller | Marion East Branch | May 13, 2021
A bank tellers provides service to bank customers by conducting appropriate transactions and meeting the needs of the customers by referring them to appropriate departments in the bank. They report directly to the Head Teller, Branch Manager, and Community Bank President.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive checking and savings deposits: verify cash and endorsements, receive proper identification for cash back, and issue receipts of deposit.
- Examine checks deposited and determine proper funds availability based on regulation requirements and complete hold notices.
- Process savings withdrawals.
- Cash checks: verify endorsement, receive proper identification, and ensure validity.
- Identify counterfeit currency.
- Answer basic customer inquiries regarding interest rates, service charges, and account histories while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations and consumer privacy policies.
- Cross-sell bank products and services.
- Issue personal money orders and cashier’s checks, accept orders and payment for U.S. Savings Bonds, and sell Visa Gift Cards.
- Accept loan payments: verify payment amount and issue receipts.
- Buy and sell currency from vault as necessary, ensuring that teller drawer cash limits are not exceeded.
- Ensure teller station is properly supplied.
- Receive FICA payments: verify deposit coupons are properly completed and checks are made payable to the “bank”.
- Accept county property tax payments and properly complete coupons.
- Balance and update savings passbooks, and close accounts when requested.
- Balance drawer daily, including periodic batching of checks.
- Process credit card cash advances, redeem U.S. Savings Bonds.
- Maintain appropriate currency logs.
- Balance ATM, automated cash dispenser and vault.
- Follow all bank policies and procedures.
- May be assigned other duties and responsibilities as deemed appropriate by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
Education and/or Experience:
Requires a high school diploma or general education diploma (G.E.D.); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education experience.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, normal correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to use a calculator, computer and job essential software programs including Microsoft Excel and Word.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected] and we will keep you in mind as we continue to grow.